Talk:FootFrame

From ESE205 Wiki
Revision as of 16:05, 6 February 2017 by Nwschmetter (talk | contribs) (Created page with "-Positives- *The real world applications included in the overview are both great ideas and make me excited to see the demo. *I believe that the difference between challenges a...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

-Positives-

• The real world applications included in the overview are both great ideas and make me excited to see the demo.
  • I believe that the difference between challenges and objectives was well thought out and the list of challenges is inclusive and acts as a list of the major learning steps that will be made this semester.

-Negatives-

• Initial paragraph and “overview” have a lot of overlap.
  • The word “would/should” is used as opposed to “will” and gives the impression of uncertainty with regard to the final outcome of the project.
  • The “reach goals” section should be moved to be an objective.
  • Gantt Chart is way out of scale (too big).
  • Does not mention TA in "Team Members" section
  • Budget is missing components like the Arduino, the display screen, and whatever will be powering the device. Also, I think that 3d printer filament will deform too much if it is the only construction material used in this device, thus the budget is also missing components like wood framing and possibly a metal plate.

-General Thoughts-

• Project seems interesting but rather simple if I am interpreting it correctly. It seems to me that the entire project will involve a platform and weight sensors that will provide an input to the Arduino which will display the subtraction of the two separate values to the user. It seems to me that the feedback would be more useful if it involved a breakdown of weight distribution for different parts of each foot to illuminate, for example, whether someone doing a squat is bearing the majority of their weight in their toes or in their heels.
  • A note about the load sensors: given that the current goal of the project is to provide feedback about the load differential between feet, the associated load sensors must be laid out in a symmetrical pattern. This seems difficult with the current set of four 50 kg sensors, and one 200kg sensor. Also, given the maximum capacity of the load sensors, the user (if he or she is a weightlifter) will need to ensure that the combined weight of them and the weight they are lifting is less than 220 lbs.