Wash U Doing
Experience has proven that being on-time to class for an 8 a.m. tends to be a major struggle. In addition, walking to and from classes during rainy/snowy days can be a burden. Some students have already schemed routes to avoid tardiness and bad weather conditions, but can never be too sure whether it's truly the most efficient path. Now they can. With WU Walks, Washington University students can map their optimal route from one destination to another. With two settings, one for shortest distance and one for shortest distance outdoors, users can truly minimize any troubles walking on campus.
- Kristine Ehlinger, Systems Engineering '20
- Carol Pazos, Systems Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain Management '20
- Dylan Zubata, Systems Engineering, Economics and Strategy '20
- Create an app that optimizes the distance it takes to get between destinations on campus and in the Village/South 40.
- Add option to minimize distance walked in outdoors to avoid rain, snow, etc.