Comments as of 2/16/17
- We need a weekly meeting time. I was under the impression that it was Wednesdays at 3:30 in lab but that was not the case this week as no one showed up.
- Your objectives only encompass the website and say nothing about the actual sensor array and server communication that is part of your physical device
- Off the same thread of thought, your project overview does not even mention that you will be creating an actual device
- Somewhere it should be discussed (maybe in challenges) the process that must be performed in order to accurately analyze the input from the three sensors.
- What function do the capacitors have in your device?
- If your intention is to make this a completely wireless sensor with a battery pack, then you should consider replacing your ethernet cable with a WiFi dongle
- According to your gantt chart, by this week you should know how to 3d print and use raspberry pi, was this a reasonable objective or do you need to reconfigure your gantt chart?
- Side note - to learn how to use raspberry pi, you must first have one. It was my intention to check one out to you at your meeting.
- Your gantt chart should also include the challenging process of learning how your sensors communicate with your raspberry pi.
The fundamental idea behind this project is sound, and the project is formulated in a collaborative way with clearly defined tasks. That being said, the proposal itself is poorly formatted and shallow.
- Team has a clear objective of what they're hoping to accomplish as far as the website is concerned.
- The overview is well-written.
- There is a clear division between the tasks required to complete the project.
This project considers at least the following tasks:
- Design a physical box for the Raspberry Pi board and the sensor suite.
- Design a small electronic circuit to send all the sensor information to the Raspberry Pi.
- Design a power distribution method (battery, power supply, a mix of both?)
- Develop an algorithm capable of transforming sensor data into useful information.
- Develop a two-way website, likely hosted in the cloud, where groups already studying can declare their intention to collaborate, and students looking for groups can find a match.
- Model a database to store past information regarding usage, schedules, and topics.
The current proposal only addresses, superficially, a few of the items mentioned above. Hence, either this project must be downscaled to a point where the objectives are narrower, or the proposal must be completely rewritten to reflect the actual tasks that need to be solved.
- Overall format of the proposal is deficient. Please use the MediaWiki Help to improve the presentation. You can also take a look at the source code of other project pages to learn how to use the wiki.
- Team members should be listed above the objectives, and include the TA.
- Entire project hinges on $2.00 light sensor. Is a light sensor a robust source of data for this project?
- Gantt chart does not illustrate how responsibilities will be divided between the team members.
- Budget should have links and *is* required for the proposal. It should also contain a total.
- Is it reasonable to believe that all 3D printing (including design) will begin and end in a single week?
Humberto 01:06, 7 February 2017 (CST)