Project Proposal Guidelines
From ESE205 Wiki
Your project proposal must contain (at least) the following sections:
- Overview: One paragraph summary of your project.
- Team Members
- Objectives: Clearly describe what do you consider a successful project. You can also describe how you are going to demonstrate your project at the end of the semester.
- Challenges: Main challenges that need to be addressed by the team to complete the project. Besides describing your personal challenges (e.g., learn a new computer language, design a complex circuit, etc.), you should also describe how you will address issues such as:
- privacy considerations
- user safety
- security from malicious attacks
- operation cost
- Gantt Chart: Chart showing the project schedule vs. the different tasks that need to be solved. The Gantt chart should roughly indicate the contributions of each team member. See this link to wikipedia's Gantt Chart article for more information.
- Budget: List of items to be purchased, including exact price and provider. General items, such as "cables", are not allowed, you must identify exactly which cable do you need to purchase.
Reach out to your TA or professor if you have questions. Remember that this proposal is part of your final evaluation.