Difference between revisions of "Mum's the Word"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Latest revision as of 16:42, 27 January 2016
Using a simple voice recognition code, this device encodes a vocal password and listens for a match to unlock a door. Using a microphone module of an Arduino, the code records the voice pattern, reduces noise, saves the file, then reads user voice input and compares for a certain percentage match. It is similar to "Knock Knock, Who's There?" except we will be reading an analog signal rather than a digital signal.
During the project, we will try to achieve the following:
- Research and understand current models for simple voice recognition
- Amplification and noise reduction of microphone signal
- Circuitry (microphone, arduino, battery)
- Pattern matching of microphone signals
- LED feedback for successful password match
- If we have time, include a button to allow for resetting the password
We may expect to see the following challenges over the course of this project:
- Successful power supply from battery
- Noise reduction of voice signal
- Obtaining valuable patterns from voice signal
- Comparing patterns in a probabilistic way that allows for error in the password
- Microphone module ($10)
- Amplifier circuit ($10)
- Arduino ($20)
- Battery (+holder) and voltage regulator ($10)
- LEDs ($3)
- Switch (for button) ($2)
- Misc ($15)
- The Gantt chart provides a breakdown of resources as they are used throughout the course of the project. These include equipment as well as human capital.