MedLit Log

From ESE205 Wiki
Revision as of 21:21, 3 February 2018 by Moira.mulholland (talk | contribs) (2/1/18)
Jump to: navigation, search

2/1/18

At the beginning of this week we met with our TA, John, and Professor Feher. The two of them helped us to further narrow down our project as far as form factors. Some ideas were thrown around considering making a locket versus a bracelet or wristband. In the middle of the week, our group met to choose exactly how we wanted to design our project. In this meeting, we drew a rough sketch of our project, which we decided would be a bracelet. We considered a necklace and have decided that will be a reach goal once we finish our bracelet. We looked at a variety of microprocessor options and hope to finalize our decision on Friday with John. We will 3D print our bracelet using TPU material, as it slightly flexible. This week we set both our initial goals and our reach goals, and we hope to have our project approved so that we can start ordering parts this upcoming week.

In the upcoming week we hope to finish our Gantt chart, finalize what parts we want, and order our parts. We foresee possible problems in choosing our batteries, LED lights, and microprocessor. We will solve this by sitting down and considering the amount of power the microprocessor and LED lights will use, and considering that when ordering.