Laundry Alert Log
From ESE205 Wiki
Week of January 29, 2018
- Brainstormed ideas for our project and came up with one final idea that we want to go for.
- Talked about what we want our objectives to be for the project.
Week of February 05, 2018
- Billy and Young worked on developing a Gantt chart for 40 minutes.
- Started our project proposal
Challenges for following weeks
- Learning how to use a Raspberry pi
- Learning python programming language
- Learning about Twilio API
- Finding out which vibration sensors to get
- Young updated the challenges, and budget section in the project proposal for 40 min
Week of February 12, 2018
- Billy and Ezra worked on putting together the power point for our project proposal presentation for about an hour.
- For the coming week, we plan to get started with making the Raspberry pi do some things as suggested by the instructor.
- Young downloaded raspbian onto the sd card and booted the pi. Had challenges along the way as the raspbian stretch lite download was not working. Tried to use that download method twice. Switch to use the NOOBS download and worked. Tried to set up the ip emailing from a remote desktop to connect to the pi. Code kept failing when creating the /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf document as the pi would not let me save. Also pi would not let me turnoff Sendmail. Worked for about 2 hrs 30 min
- We divided responsibilities among ourselves, finalized the Gantt chart and the budget for an hour.
- Young continued to work on setting up the pi.
- Billy and Ezra worked on finishing the powerpoint for the project proposal presentation.