How to Download and use Python using Git
Tutorial: How to Download and use Python using Git:
1. Downloading Pycharm:
- Go to https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=mac (for Mac) or https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=windows (for Windows)
3. PyCharm allows you to check out (in Git terms clone) an existing repository and create a new project based on the data you've downloaded.
- From the main menu, choose VCS -> Checkout from Version Control -> Git
- Or, if no project is currently opened, choose Checkout from Version Control -> Git on the Welcome screen.
4. In the Clone Repository dialog, specify the URL of the remote repository you want to clone (you can click Test to make sure that connection to the remote can be established).
5. In the Directory field, specify the path where the folder for your local Git repository will be created into which the remote repository will be cloned.
6. Click Clone. If you want to create a PyCharm project based on the sources you have cloned, click Yes in the confirmation dialog. Git root mapping will be automatically set to the project root directory.