Gymnastics Competition App Log
Week of 1/27
We met with our TA, Nathan Schmetter, to discuss on our project proposal. We finished the project proposal, our budget, and the Gantt Chart.
Week of 2/3
We finalized a design of our machine. We then updated our materials budget and our proposal to reflect that. We also met with our TA to discuss our proposal, and made edits based on Humberto's comments. We started to learn how to code with Python.
Week of 2/10
We began to design the housing of our machine and uploaded it to our wikipedia page. We updated our budget and finalized a demo idea. We also researched our YouTube direct upload idea. We continued to learn to code with Python and initialized the Raspberry Pi. After we started up Raspberry Pi, we found out that there is a program called BlueJ Java. Since both of us know some java programming language, we are more confident in learning the BlueJ program than a new language Python. We researched that it is also possible to have buttons input as well as YouTube direct upload with this coding, so we decided to use this instead of Python. We updated our proposal and gantt chart to reflect this change.
Week of 2/17
We ordered the materials for our project and they arrived in the mail (camera, camera extension cord, and touchscreen). We started to code using BlueJ Java to create the program. We mostly worked on the part that will accept deductions and time stamp them. We also did research into accepting user input using the raspberry pi. We met with our TA, Nathan, and he helped us check out buttons to use with the Raspberry Pi.