Difference between revisions of "Gymnastics Competition App Log"

From ESE205 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 9: Line 9:
 
==Week of 2/24==
 
==Week of 2/24==
 
We looked into the display screen we bought for our Raspberry Pi. We found out that we had to reformat the SD card, copy the 3.5 inch screen image onto it, and install relevant drivers in order to make it work. But as we reformatted the SD card, we did not backup our program so we lost our progress on it. We got the screen to work at the end. We also designed the camera housing in solid works, and began designing the machine housing in solid works.  
 
We looked into the display screen we bought for our Raspberry Pi. We found out that we had to reformat the SD card, copy the 3.5 inch screen image onto it, and install relevant drivers in order to make it work. But as we reformatted the SD card, we did not backup our program so we lost our progress on it. We got the screen to work at the end. We also designed the camera housing in solid works, and began designing the machine housing in solid works.  
 +
==Week of 3/3==
 +
We connected the camera to the raspberry pi and tested it to make sure the video feature worked. We also wired a button and adjusted our code to mark deductions when the button is pressed. We decided to use a single foot pedal instead of multiple buttons, so we redesigned our system to use only one input button (pedal). We also designed the user interface screens for inputing scoring information so we are ready to code those screens. We are going to try to use PyQt as a GUI to code our touch screen screens with.
 
[[Category:Logs]]
 
[[Category:Logs]]
 
[[Category:Spring 2017 Logs]]
 
[[Category:Spring 2017 Logs]]

Revision as of 13:37, 9 March 2017

Week of 1/27

We met with our TA, Nathan Schmetter, to discuss on our project proposal. We finished the project proposal, our budget, and the Gantt Chart.

Week of 2/3

We finalized a design of our machine. We then updated our materials budget and our proposal to reflect that. We also met with our TA to discuss our proposal, and made edits based on Humberto's comments. We started to learn how to code with Python.

Week of 2/10

We began to design the housing of our machine and uploaded it to our wikipedia page. We updated our budget and finalized a demo idea. We also researched our YouTube direct upload idea. We continued to learn to code with Python and initialized the Raspberry Pi. After we started up Raspberry Pi, we found out that there is a program called BlueJ Java. Since both of us know some java programming language, we are more confident in learning the BlueJ program than a new language Python. We researched that it is also possible to have buttons input as well as YouTube direct upload with this coding, so we decided to use this instead of Python. We updated our proposal and gantt chart to reflect this change.

Week of 2/17

We ordered the materials for our project and they arrived in the mail (camera, camera extension cord, and touchscreen). We started to code using BlueJ Java to create the program. We mostly worked on the part that will accept deductions and time stamp them. We also did research into accepting user input using the raspberry pi. We met with our TA, Nathan, and he helped us check out buttons to use with the Raspberry Pi.

Week of 2/24

We looked into the display screen we bought for our Raspberry Pi. We found out that we had to reformat the SD card, copy the 3.5 inch screen image onto it, and install relevant drivers in order to make it work. But as we reformatted the SD card, we did not backup our program so we lost our progress on it. We got the screen to work at the end. We also designed the camera housing in solid works, and began designing the machine housing in solid works.

Week of 3/3

We connected the camera to the raspberry pi and tested it to make sure the video feature worked. We also wired a button and adjusted our code to mark deductions when the button is pressed. We decided to use a single foot pedal instead of multiple buttons, so we redesigned our system to use only one input button (pedal). We also designed the user interface screens for inputing scoring information so we are ready to code those screens. We are going to try to use PyQt as a GUI to code our touch screen screens with.