Gymnastics Competition App
Aidan Warren and Lawrence Chan
TA: Nathan Schmetter
Right now, judges score gymnasts using pen and paper, and often have to employ assistants to enter scores for them. We would like to improve this process and to have a more efficient and better way of scoring gymnastics moves. We would build a machine using Raspberry Pi to record deductions with buttons (including a time-stamp of each deduction). There will also be a camera that records the gymnasts' routines. Gymnasts now are unable to view feedback from judges and only receive the final score. Our machine will upload the gymnasts's routine video to Youtube along with timestamp information about when each deduction took place. It will also include their routine's difficulty points and other scoring information. The gymnasts will then be able to go online to view their routines and figure out what mistakes they made and what they need to work on. For our demo, people will be able to watch recorded routines or skills on a computer and score them using our machine. They can then view the youtube video and comments that are uploaded.
- Design the circuitry and Raspberry Pi to input scores with buttons and record the gymnasts' routines using a camera.
- Design and build a unit to house the computer and circuits.
- Upload the information to Youtube for the gymnasts to see the scoring process and view their mistakes.
- Let the audience use the machine for score deduction with a video of a gymnastics routine during our demo.
- Learn how to use Raspberry Pi.
- Learn how to code with BlueJ Java.
- Learn how circuits work and how to create them (for visual inputs, and display/internet outputs).
- Learn how to implement buttons to the Raspberry Pi.
- Learn how to connect the camera to the Raspberry Pi and take videos with it.
- Learn how to upload the information collected from the Raspberry Pi to Youtube.
- Figure out how to 3D print the housing for the unit.
- $0.00 Raspberry Pi
- $0.00 Youtube upload videos service
- $29.95 Raspberry Pi Camera - https://www.adafruit.com/products/3099
- $7.97 Camera Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/Adafruit-Flex-Cable-Raspberry-Camera/dp/B00XW2NCKS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486763635&sr=8-2&keywords=raspberry+pi+camera+extension+cable
- $7.99*2 Adeept 4pcs Digital Push Button Keypad Module for Arduino and Raspberry Pi AVR MSP430 MCU DIY Kit - https://www.amazon.com/Adeept-Digital-Button-Arduino-Raspberry/dp/B01LXHNBBJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486763176&sr=8-3&keywords=raspberry+pi+buttons
- $22.99 Elecrow TFT Display Monitor 3.5 Inch 480x320 TFT LCD Display with Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi 2B B+ Raspberry Pi 3B - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JEV6VA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3UAI31N6IJM2
- $0.00 3D-Printing Materials and Software
- $7.50 (+ $7.14 Shipping) Foot Switch https://www.adafruit.com/products/423?gclid=Cj0KEQiAxeTFBRCGmIq_7rGt_r8BEiQANdPqUk8XYG37qe-_8iJT87roB9Z0fK-OCeW72jrDsBP9niUaAlmV8P8HAQ