Google Calendar API
How To: Make Requests to the Google Calendar API
1. Before you start, make sure you have the newest version of Python, a wifi connection, and a gmail account with google calendar:
2. Now, follow along as we show you how to enable the API: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qnm-VJ70E
3. Place your downloaded JSON file in your directory.
4. Now that you have enabled the API, copy and paste the following code in to terminal to install the Google Client Library:
pip install --upgrade google-api-python-client
5. To set up a sample request for 10 upcoming calendar events, create a file named "quickstart.py" in your working directory and copy in the following code from this pdf
6. To run your sample, run the following code in terminal:
7. A white window will pop up and you should now see your upcoming events!