Get A Handle On Your Game
This semester, our project is to design a system that will allow a user to track basic tennis swing movements. Currently, there are are a few companies that provide this kind of tracking; however, the most established of them require that the player purchase a specific racket. Others are not as accurate or have a lot of reviews where the sensor flies off of the racket. What we hope to accomplish with this project is a cost-effective solution to become a better tennis player by providing feedback on their swing.
For our project, we will be collecting data by using a combined accelerometer and gyroscope to track swing movements. By the end of the semester, we will be able to show data collected from a tennis racket being swung. As two former college tennis players, we will be able to look at the swing and provide some feedback on how to improve it.
- Parts Ordered Online
- 2-Axis Brushless Camera Gimbal Stabilization Control Board ($38.91)
- 2 Brushless Gimbal Motors ($15.15 each)
- 2200mAh 3S1P 30C Battery ($13.33)
- Shipping ($20.00)
- Hardware and Miscellaneous Items ($15.00)
- Wire Snap Connectors
- Dampening Pads
- And other unforeseen items necessary for assembly
- Finally we would like to hold $30 in reserve which will only be used if we need to purchase replacement brushless gimbal motors due to the malfunction of our original motors
Total: $147.54 (including the $30 reserve)