Gatorade Maker Log

From ESE205 Wiki
Revision as of 01:38, 1 November 2017 by Fkazmi (talk | contribs) (Week 8 (10/27/17))
Jump to: navigation, search

""Project Page""

Week 2 (9/15/17)

  • Had group issues
  • met with jim

Week 3(9/22/17)

  • Decided on project
  • Met with Jim and Natalie

Week 4 (9/29/17)

This week we researched methods of implementing our idea as well as coming up with a first draft of our design. Our design uses a solenoid valve to dispense water and an auger/step motor to dispense our gatorade powder. We plan to have a LCD interface in order for a person to input the amount of drink they desire. In our research we found explanations for linking solenoid valves and an auger to an Arduino so we now feel much more comfortable with the direction of project. Knowing are design has allowed us to have a better idea of the parts we will need and there prices. Therefore we updated our budget and have a good idea as to what is necessary. We spent about 5 hours working together on Saturday. We both also did research outside of this time. We plan to ask for help this week on choosing our loading cell/scale.

  • I also spent time trying to finalize the gantt chart so it can be up to date and ready to go (fazeela)

Initial design.jpg

  • update Gantt Chart (will post)
  • research with Jacob
  • finalize budget
  • Arduino demo below:

Week 5 (10/6/17)

  • Why need diode, ohm resistor- selenoid valve

[- selenoid valve]

  • presentation

File:Gatorade maker presentation.pdf

Week 6 (10/13/17)

This week we changed which 5 kg Load Cell we plan to use due to finding a load cell with superior precision. Our original had precision of .05% FS while our new load cell has precision of .005% FS. The difference between these precisions in a 5 kg load cell is 2.5 grams and .25 grams of precision. 1 tablespoon of the gatorade powder we use weighs 1 gram so the more precise cell will definitely give us more control over our system.

Our TA Natalie recommended that we control our stepper motor with a motor shield as opposed to our planned method of using a stepper driver. Our budget changed to reflect this.

We found tutorials for the following: connecting and coding our stepper motor, connecting and coding our solenoid valve, and building and coding our scale.

This week we met for 4 hours friday and and researched apart for a few hours as well.

Week 7 (10/20/17)

  • we were assigned to do an Arduino tutorial for light up an LED light using a button. We both spent 5 hours on this
  • Light up LED with one button

  • Light up LED with two buttons

  • Light up LED using 3rd task

Week 8 (10/27/17)

Jacob and I met on Friday for 5 hours he needed to work on the load cell so I decided to take on the solenoid valve. We continued to work on that but realized that some of the parts for the solenoid valve were missing. So we went to go buy them towards the end. I worked on the solenoid valve for 2 hours on Tuesday trying to set it up I am still working on the code part. By the end of Wednesday, I hope to have that valve working. (Fazeela).