Have you ever tried a Gatorade mix and you end up with not enough powder or too much? The solution to this would be "The Gatorade Maker". This project aims at creating a system that pours powder and water to make a Gatorade mix. The user will choose from 3 preset options. These options are sweet, Gatorade recommended, and mild. Also, 3 preset amounts of Gatorade. The system will dispense the powder and water in an appropriate amount in the glass. This will allow you to be worry-free about the accuracy of the water and powder you will have in your drink.
- Fazeela Kazmi
- Jacob Pinter
- Natalie Ng (TA)
- A successful project would allow the system to accurately dispense the powder and water in a glass, in an amount needed for the mix the user chooses off a menu.
- learning to code with Arduino
- How to dispense ingredients cleanly/neatly/accurately
- The building of the dispenser
- Keeping up with the schedule
- Tubing $7.99
- Buttons $4.95
- Stepper Motor $13.99
- Auger- 3D Print
- Tank for Water $7.26
- T Shaped PVC Pipe (Holds Auger) $2.23
- Arduino Uno Rev- given
- Solenoid Valve $9.95
- Solderless Bread Board $6.95 (x2)
- TIP120 Darlington Transistor $.95
- 1k Ohm Resistor $1.00
- Diode $.15
- Hookup Wires $6.95
- Load Cell 5 kg and Converter $8.50
- Motor Shield $22.84
- Alligator clips - $7.70
- 9V battery - $5.47
- Electric Selenoid valve-  - $22.99
- Wood - $6.92
- Super glue Black silicone tape - $4.98
- Total: $148.72
Design and Solutions
- Designed 3D auger, a Lid to fit on top of funnel for T-PVC pipe, this was also 3D designed and printed.
- The solution was so that we could get an accurate amount of water and powder into a cup based on weight.
- The Design used a Load cell, Stepper motor connected with auger, Selenoid valve connected with Tank. This entire system turns on when button is pushed.
- Designed and bulit a box that could work with out system.