Ever hosted a party and had to play bartender the entire time? Well, we have your solution! We have created an easy to use cocktail maker. This cocktail maker will be able to make at least 2 mix drinks at the click of a button! This guarantees a delicious cocktail every time. We will do this by coding an Arduino to control pumps/valves that are attached to the ingredients. Our machine is based off of a weighted plate. Once you have selected their drink, the machine will zero the scale and start pouring the beverage. We will ensure that each drink will have the proper proportions by zeroing the scale after each ingredient is added.
Will Parkinson, TA
Jim Feher, Instructor
Our objective is to create a machine that will generate at least one mixed drink, with correct ratios, at the push of a button.
Using a YouTube video detailing the construction of a similar project, we:
- Modify the design of this crude cocktail maker to allow for more features and a more elegant look.
- Employ an Arduino program to automate the composition of a cocktail, as well as a force sensor to measure changes in weight as the glass is filled.
Modifications to the original design include:
- A light indicating a need for supply replacement
- User ability to choose strength of beverage from three options (non-alcoholic, regular, strong)
- Full automation in dispensing all ingredients of cocktail.
- Use a photosensor to detect empty bottles
- 3D printing
Design specific dimensions
Build models using Solidworks and 3D print them.
Learn Arduino programming language.
Implementing the Arduino code with distance sensor and valve/pump.
Debugging code and adjusting parameters to control the measurements.
Design a circuit that connects the pump and valves, push button and weight sensor to the Arduino.
Assuring the pumps dispense the correct amount of liquid.
Electricity hazard when circuit interacts with liquids
Leakage from the tubes.
Use of food-safe materials.
Age restriction on alcohol pertaining to demonstration and audience.
Arduino ~ $19.80
Weight Sensor ~$9.54
2 X Drivers ~$16.99
2mm Silicone Tubes ~$7.79
Silicone tape  ~$6.77
5 X Diodes ~$0.15
Attachment Cables ~$6.95
3D Printed Parts
RGB LCD Shield ~$7.99
Power Supply ~$6.49
Hinges ~ $6.99
Silicone Sealent  ~ $5