The overview section should be a brief, one to three sentence overview of what your tutorial may cover
This section should contain a list of materials required to complete the tutorial, accounts necessary to complete the tutorial, or other prerequisites.
For instance, if your tutorial is about setting up a raspberry pi you should either require they have an SD card and walk them through flashing an OS onto the card, or list an SD card with installed OS in this section.
This should be the meat of your tutorial, the actual steps to complete it. In general:
- Avoid large paragraphs of text, tend towards clear, concise steps
- Include pictures as much as possible, especially for key steps. This may be in the form of a photograph, screenshot, drawing, etc.
- All text should be styled appropriately. Code should be in code blocks, key words and notes should be in bold.
- Logical groups of steps should be broken down under different sub-headers within this section
- Language should be grammatically correct, and the first person shouldn't be used
This section should contain a of list all group members here, as well as semester published
This section should contain a link to the group project page, as well as the group's weekly log
This section should contain any external references used in the writing of this tutorial (i.e. urls)