CSE 330 Online Textbook - Table of Contents
Use this wiki as a starting place for your projects in CSE 330. However, web development is a large field, so it is impossible for us to document everything you might need to know. Here are some other places you should look when you need to find something:
- WebPlatform.org, a community-driven source containing documentation and tutorials for Web technologies
- The Web Education Community Group Wiki, also sponsored by the W3C.
- SitePoint, which has a reference page as well as quality articles and tutorials
If you can't find what you need in any of these places, try using your favorite search engine. Be wary of sites that come up on search engines. Many HTML reference sites document bad practices and dated techniques. If you're unsure whether a reference site you find is legitimate, ask a TA.
Want to Learn More?
The limited amount of time in CSE 330 means that we can cover only a subset of the wide range of possible topics in the field of rapid prototyping and web development. Indeed, the exact topics covered in CSE 330 change from year to year.
Feel free to browse some of the topics that have previously been covered in CSE 330: CSE 330 Former Content
You should also consider following blogs like SitePoint to keep up-to-date on the latest developments in the field of web development.
Copyright (c) 2013, Washington University in St. Louis Department of Computer Science. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Washington University nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.