Talk:Get A Handle On Your Game

From ESE205 Wiki
Revision as of 02:22, 13 February 2016 by Hgonzale (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Proposal Review == Your proposal is sound, but I have a few questions: # What do you concretely expect to have at the end of the semester? Your objective says that you wan...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Proposal Review

Your proposal is sound, but I have a few questions:

1. What do you concretely expect to have at the end of the semester? Your objective says that you want to have a product that is accurate and cost effective, but I'm not sure you can achieve both in less than one semester (if you do then you can take the competition out of the market). What are we going to see in the demo session?
  2. The signal processing side of your project is very weak. You need to, at least, know what basic processing you will do to the data, and whether you can reliably perform that processing in real-time.
  3. Since you list an XBee module I assume you want to have real-time connectivity, is the idea to send the stream of raw data in real-time to a base station? Isn't a Bluetooth module better suited for that task?
  4. The electronics side of your project is also very weak. Listing "various connectors" and "other unforeseen items" is not acceptable in a budget. If you want to have a product by the end of the semester you need to know right now what you are going to buy.
  5. How are you going to power the IMU and Arduino modules with a 9V battery? How long do you expect the system to work with one battery?

Also, your budget does not specify what needs to be purchased and what is already available. Please meet with your TA to discuss these issues and update your proposal as soon as possible.

Humberto (talk) 20:22, 12 February 2016 (CST)